- 1 of 2 remaining Egyptian Theatres with original star lights.
- Listed in Top 10 Most Haunted Theatres in Illinois.
- 1978 – Listed on the National Registry of Historic Places.
- July 13, 1999 – The League of Historic American Theatres annual conference tours the Egyptian Theatre.
- 2009 – Recognized by the Illinois legislature in celebration of the 80th anniversary.
- 2013 – Featured in the book “Le Louxor Palais Du Cinéma” published for the reopening of the Egyptian themed theatre in Paris, France.
- 2014, December 10 – City of DeKalb declared “Egyptian Theatre Day” in celebration of the 85th anniversary.
- 2019, November 12 – State of Illinois House of Representatives 101st General Assembly approves House Resolution No. 596 offered by Representative Jeff Keicher recognizing the 90th anniversary of the Egyptian Theatre.
- 2019, December 10 – City of DeKalb declares “Egyptian Theatre Day” in celebration of the 90th anniversary.
- Named as one of the “100 Things to Do in Illinois Before You Die” in the book by Melanie Holmes.