- 1 of 7 remaining Egyptian Theatres in the United States.
- The only Egyptian Theatre east of the Rocky Mountains.
- 1 of 2 remaining Egyptian Theatres with original star lights.
- Listed in Top 10 Most Haunted Theatres in Illinois.
- One of the top 20 largest historic theatres in Illinois (by seats).
- 1978 – Listed on the National Registry of Historic Places.
- June 1988 – Box Office magazine features the Egyptian Theatre.
- September 1991 – American Movie Classics magazine features the Egyptian Theatre.
- July 13, 1999 – The League of Historic American Theatres annual conference tours the Egyptian Theatre.
- 2009 – Recognized by the Illinois legislature in celebration of the 80th anniversary.
- 2013 – Featured in the book “Le Louxor Palais Du Cinema” published for the re-opening of the Egyptian themed theatre in Paris, France.
- December 10, 2014 – City of DeKalb declared “Egyptian Theatre Day” in celebration of 85th anniversary.
2019 – Awarded the GuideStar Gold Seal of Transparency
2018 – Named a Top 20 Illinois Architectural Treasure
2018 – Awarded the GuideStar Gold Seal of Transparency
2017 – Finalist DeKalb Chamber of Commerce Nonprofit of the Year
2011 – Nominee DeKalb Chamber of Commerce Business of the Year
2008 – Awarded 1 of 150 Great Places in Illinois by the American Institute of Architects